Terms & Conditions
Crash Courses Warrington Terms & Conditions
All bookings are accepted on the STRICT understanding that the pupil has read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions outlined below.
By booking a course of driving lessons with Crash Courses Warrington, you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you agree to be bound by them.
- ‘you’ means the person taking the course, i.e. the pupil
- ‘we’ ‘us’ means Crash Courses Warrington
- ‘the driving school’ means the driving school or driving instructor providing the course for you
- ‘the instructor’ means a driving instructor acting on his/her own or on behalf of a driving school when providing the course
Terms & Conditions
- Crash Courses Warrington act solely as a booking and administrative agent for certain driving schools and instructors. This means that we do not provide any driving courses ourselves and we undertake all our activities on behalf of the driving schools or driving instructors. Crash Courses Warrington is paid on commission. The contract of the crash course/intensive course is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Any disputes, claims or discussions should therefore be addressed with the instructor and not Crash Courses Warrington. Crash Courses Warrington cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil.
- Each course is for the hours booked. The total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate of £30.00 per hour.
- All pupils must pass the legal required eye sight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will be conducted by your instructor on the first lesson.
- If your instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your driving test. If this is the case you will not be offered a refund.
- If you, the pupil cancels a course after the 14 day cooling off period (please see ‘Your cancellation rights’ below), but earlier than 7 days before commencement of the course, a cancellation fee of £150.00 will be applied to all courses. Any deposit paid greater than the cancellation fee will be refunded.
- If you, the pupil cancels the course within the 14 day cooling off period, then a £100.00 administration charge will apply if work has already commenced to arrange the course. This applies to all courses.
- Any hours used on any course booked with Crash Courses Warrington, will be charged at our standard hourly rate (currently £30.00 per hour). Please note this is in addition to the cancellation charges detailed above.
- If you, the pupil cancels a driving lesson at short notice (less than 48 hours), the lesson is still chargeable and the hours will be deducted from the balance of the course.
- If you, the pupil books additional hours with the instructor and then cancels or fails to show , then these lessons will be charged and payable to the driving instructor at the standard hourly rate of £30.00.
- When taking a crash driving course it is not possible to drive continuously, therefore, short breaks can be arranged between you the pupil and your instructor.
- All courses are booked and based on average learning capabilities and are a guide only. No guarantees can be implied.
- A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test. If the theory test is booked by Crash Courses Warrington or the pupil, and the pupil subsequently fails the theory test on 1 or more occasions, then the agreed start dates for the driving course will have to be amended. The theory test will have to be passed before the driving course commences. Practical test availability is subject to tests made available by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). All attempts will be made by Crash Courses Warrington to secure a practical test local to the pupil.
- Crash Courses Warrington cannot be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor.
- The full balance of any course booked is payable directly to the instructor on the first day of the course.
- Crash Courses Warrington do not offer a first time pass guarantee.
- In the unlikely event that Crash Courses Warrington cannot fulfil your booking, a full refund of the deposit will be given. This applies to the driving course itself. If the pupil is unsuccessful in passing the theory test and requests a refund, then the appropriate cancellation charge will apply.
- All courses undertaken with Crash Courses Warrington are on an individual basis. We do not offer shared courses.
- No guarantee can be made of test availability. In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to the pupil and instructor. No refunds of any monies are applicable in this case. Also, if the DVSA cancels a test for whatever reason, then we cannot be held responsible / liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost.
- Whilst every effort is made to get the pupil to the required level to take the driving test, if it is thought by the instructor that the pupil’s standard of driving falls below the expected standard, then for the health and safety of the pupil, examiner and general public, the pupil will not be allowed to take the test. No test fee or courses fee refund will be made in these circumstances.
- At Crash Courses Warrington, all our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
- The car provided by the instructor will be comprehensively insured with a reputable insurer. A pupil can request to see insurance documentation from their instructor at any time. Crash Courses Warrington cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. Any disputes are the responsibility of the instructor.
- The driving instructor will not smoke in the training vehicle.
- Refreshment breaks may form part of your daily tuition period.
- The training vehicle will be in good working order and will be fitted with dual controls.
- All special offers and course/lesson prices maybe subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of the company.
- If a gift voucher is supplied by Crash Courses Warrington, then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of issue. Gift vouchers are to be used by the person, or persons named on the voucher and are non-transferable.
- If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course, then the remaining hours are valid for a period of 4 months. After this time, the lessons will be forfeited and no refund will be given. However, in the event that the pupil requires a refund of any unused hours within the 4 month period, then any hours already used will be charged at the standard hourly rate of £30.00. The cancellation charge will also apply.
- When a pupil is successful and passes their practical driving test, any unused hours may only be refunded at the discretion of the instructor, or if requested by the pupil. The calculation of any refund will be based on the hours utilised being charged at the standard hourly rate of £30.00.
- If you, the pupil cancels the course within 7 days before the commencement of the course, no refund will be given under any circumstances. Once a course has commenced, should the pupil decide to cancel the course, no refund will be given for any unused hours.
- If you, the pupil books a course but does not commence the course within 4 months of the date of booking, the course will be forfeited and no refund will be given.
- You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements (20.5m or 67ft).
- You satisfy the DVSA requirements regarding residency and eligibility requirements.
- You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add time to the end of your lesson.
- You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. If we, or a representative of Crash Courses Warrington detect any sign of this, the remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid.
- A professional approach is required by the pupil and no abusive behaviour towards the instructor will be tolerated. The course will be terminated and any monies paid will be forfeited in such an event.
- You supply on the first lesson a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail to produce a valid provisional driving licence, the driving school/instructor can by law not permit you to drive a car and accordingly your booking will be cancelled and any fees forfeited.
- You are responsible for ensuring the appropriate documentation is produced when attending both the theory and practical driving tests. Crash Courses Warrington will not be held responsible in any way for lost test fees if a valid UK provisional licence and/or UK passport (in the event of the pupil holding an old style paper licence) cannot be shown to the relevant authorities at the time of attending the test.
- The construction, validity and performance of any contract shall be governed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales.
Your cancellation rights
Right to cancel (cooling off period). You have a legal right to cancel your contract with us and receive a full refund within 14 days of the day the contract was made. In order to exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us, Crash Courses Warrington, of your decision to cancel. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our Head Office: Crash Courses Driving School, Office 240, Peel House, 30 The Downs, Altrincham, Cheshire WA14 2PX. Please note that if you have authorised us to commence arranging your course or test dates within the cancellation period but subsequently decide to cancel, you may be liable to pay for the cost of work already completed or payments made by us on your behalf. Please see clause 6 in the ‘Terms and Conditions’ section above. Should you decide to cancel after the 14 day period has expired, a cancellation fee may be charged in accordance with our terms and conditions.
Crash Courses Warrington is committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully – in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998
Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law, and will not be sold or passed on to a third party
Crash Courses Warrington would like to take your photograph once you pass your driving test and use it on our website wall-of-fame or other marketing material. Please inform us if you wish to opt out of this.
Questions about the terms & conditions
If you have any questions about the terms and conditions outlined in this document please contact us.